In honor of the Market Street snowflakes, here are some lines from Christmas carols which I believe should be used in horror film previews. (This list works best if you read it in that scary deep announcer voice.)
– he sees you when you’re sleeping
– do you hear what I hear?
– sorrowing, sighing, bleeding, dying
– no ear may hear his coming
– with their eyes all aglow
– it doesn’t show signs of stopping
– draw nigh with lowly fear
– he came to life
– I’ll be back again some day
– jump in bed, cover up your head
– it came upon a midnight clear
Once you get started with these, you find that just about any line from a Christmas carol can sound like a horror film tagline if you say it menacingly enough. Have a holly, jolly Christmas… Weird, right? I’m going to have a lot of fun caroling this year.